October 14, 2018

Lively and beautiful! The Queen Anne style architecture around Downtown Northville

Northville is a lively city, with a 150-year old history. The area is a suburb of Metropolitan Detroit.



I appreciate I could visit Downtown Northville. No sooner had we arrived and looked out over the city than I felt so. There are still more cities I haven't seen in Michigan!



For me, it is interesting that these houses which were probably built for families are being used as shops, beauty salons, or offices. Although I like this style. It's cute⭐︎

"When the business is a modest scale, using this kind of house is just right.", Collie says.
There is not an office building nor an eight-story building here. That's what's great about this city.



This house reminds me of the atmosphere in Frankenmuth...



STARBUCKS is in an unique building here in Northville.



Collie "Visiting Northville is a good choice!"
He is really impressed by the city of Northville. I am happy about it😊 Yes, I DO like this cityscape!

Downtown Northville is a larger scale than we thought. Seeing a signboard showing Maps of Downtown Northville, I was surprised at the many streets and districts which include a variety of shops and restaurants.



People are enjoying an open-air cafe. How pleasant it must be in early autumn.  Cool!

A left shadow on the road is Rose's. Shadows lengthen in the evening. 

Nothville was originally one of two communities within Plymouth Township for over 70 years. Northville got its name by being north of Plymouth.



Northville continued to grow throughout the Victorian era (1837~1901). We can see the feature in the architecture around downtown, which is evidently the Queen Anne style.

Northville was first settled in 1825, incorporated as a village in 1867 from a portion of Plymouth Township. Later, as a city in 1955.

Come over to see Queen Anne style architecture in Downtown Northville!



It reminds me of Mackinaw City.



However, it is creating a Northville atmosphere itself.



Oh...again...😆  It reminds me of Rochester.... Still, it is real Northville.



Many of first settlers were originally from New York, who'd already settled in Plymouth and then came to Northville.

How lovely these buildings are, aren't they!?



This is a picture Collie took. He finds his style into more nature in the city than me. My pictures are full of architectures in every city rather than nature.



Collie told me that it's a chance to take the second picture because the light was not behind the house. That is right! I took a backlit photo of this brown house at first, when we started walking.

So, I photographed this house again. He sometimes tells me about a backlight. Collie is kind💚

I'm happy to have taken enough photos before it gets dark. Northville is lively...and beautiful!



When we were leaving by car, I noticed a glittering sun through the trees.

The setting sun was magically beaming out its light.  And it was mystical.