August 11, 2024

Leaving Michigan & Lovely Rose Cake

It's the morning I leave Michigan for Tokyo.  The two of us went out of the house for a while.


We saw a rose bush Collie was growing. He was growing roses while we couldn't meet for years. It was a type of rose with few petals. What is the rose called? The delicate petals look like a lady's skirt.


I'm all set for leaving Michigan for flying back to Tokyo. This is the room I use when I stay at his house. I look at it for the last time, saying thank you in my heart.

Then he drove me to Detroit Metropolitan Airport. We skipped breakfast at home to get there earlier. I didn't really think about it when I booked the airline ticket of Delta Air Lines, but later I realized the ticket didn't allow me to reserve a return-trip seat to Tokyo in advance. My ticket was "Basic" Economy and was Delta's most reasonable fare class that came with more restrictions from Economy. I'll have to line up to get my seat at the boarding gate on the day.

We usually spend time together at the airport as long as possible before I go through the security check. But this time, he hurried so that I could get a better seat. "If you are going to feel cramped between big Americans, I'd better endure the shorter time we can be together at the airport!"

He carries my ponderous suitcase easily. (❤︎ ❤︎
He walks on so fast carrying my heavy suitcase.(❤︎ ❤︎)(❤︎ ❤︎)(❤︎ ❤︎) Wow! He is super cool. 

Thanks for helping me out.  Collie, you're the best!!!

He helped me to check in, too. Then we sat and began to eat sandwiches Collie made quickly at his house in the morning. In the sandwich, there was lettuce that he washed for dinner last night and kept some for our quick sandwiches at the airport. He also prepared nuts etc.


Facing the security check, we eat breakfast. We don't have time to chill somewhere more relaxing because of my Basic Economy ticket. ( ;  ; )  While I was eating, he took a selfie of us. There were a few tears in my eyes. I am happy with him... I have to go soon.... I was smiling but my heart was crying. 

Before long, the time came. I began standing in line for the security check and he saw me off as I proceeded. I turned around and looked at him, again and again. And finally, I waved at him and disappeared from his sight.

This travelogue was written about what happened in June 2023 in Michigan. When Covid-19 travel restrictions were lifted in the United States, I flied to Michigan for the first time in 5 years to see Collie. After the sparkling stay, I returned to Tokyo and resumed my work at an advertising agency.

In July 2023.  I received a picture expressing birthday wishes from Collie. 


Birthday cake with rose shaped cream on top!  And roses arranged in a small vase must be the ones he grew! Rose cake and real roses for Rose. What a lovely presentation🌹  Thanks a million, Collie!!

A video was sent on Google besides a picture.

Near the whole cake, there is a pair of chopsticks I gave him as a present.  Collie is playful. (^ ^。

I've been counting on him every birthday since I met him. He is my everything and birthday wishes from him are special. Thank you Collie, from the bottom of my heart...

If I'm given another chance to fly to Michigan, I will treat myself with Premium Select. It is Delta's premium economy seat class and more comfortable than Economy. 

He has made everything beautiful in its time.  I will look forward to that time.

Best of luck and thank you for everything, Rose