August 1, 2024

Singing with love & a wonderful gift at St.Joseph Catholic Church in Lake Orion, Michigan.

I like attending Mass at St.Joseph Catholic Church in Lake Orion, Michigan. I come here every time I stay in Michigan. I like to sing hymns, say a prayer aloud with participants, and listen to the priest's preach trying to understand English as much as possible as I am Japanese. I especially like singing.


" To sing is to pray twice. "     - St.Augustine
Singing adds to our praise and worship of God.

We praise God with all our heart and voice. Singing helps us to communicate with invisible being. 

How great it would be if I could come here with Collie every week. But I'm grateful that I could come here again. I cherish this valuable moment. 

Then after Mass, I have something to look forward to.


Collie: "I can't believe you eat a donut!"     Rose: "Why not (- -).."

When you come out of the chapel, there is a room opposite where coffee & sweets are prepared. Donuts were being served today. Can you resist getting a donut??? And look at this fresh coffee!


Collie didn't take a donut. I know I've already eaten a cheesecake, carrot cake, and a red velvet cake, however, I'll have to go back to Japan soon and today is the only opportunity to be able to enjoy coffee & a donut at St.Joseph!

It's still vivid that a little girl smiled at me shyly, gently when she handed out a donut to me. It was so cute and made me happy. The time with palatable coffee & a donut was a wonderful gift for me.

St.Joseph Catholic Church
715 N Lapeer Rd, Lake Orion, Michigan 48362, United States 

The power of sacred music increases the honor given to God by the Church in union with Christ, its Head.

I think going to church together with a beloved one is the best date. It's also a wonderful gift.  Now I pray.   May the power of God be with you on your journey and protect you always...