October 8, 2018

My first visit to TRADER JOE'S...in Northville, Michigan★

Hi there, I am Rose. This is my 12th time to Michigan. I am introducing my previous experiences in beautiful Michigan at https://esnl.exblog.jp (in Japanese!) and today, I will start writing a sequel in English here in this blog.


At the parking lot of Detroit Metropolitan Airpot against Delta planes.  The sun is too bright to keep my eyes open!


I always fly nonstop from Narita(Japan) to Michigan by Delta Air Lines. This time, there was almost 1-hour delay in departure from Narita, but arrived in Michigan at usual time! Total flying time is 10 hours and 42 minutes. On a plane, the captain announced that it's fastest in 40 years. Well done, Delta!!!

 ...beforehand, I told Collie to come to pick me up 1-hour later than usual time. I waited for him on the arrival lobby in Detroit Airport....when I tried to buy one protein bar at the souvenir shop, Collie showed up suddenly at the cash desk to pay for it😳

😊💕  We smiled at each other...




I have two requests on this trip. One is...to visit TRADER JOE'S ! It seems very popular among Japanese women. In addition to "great quality and great prices", a charming display of the store is irresistible. He drove me to Northville store. Here it is! Excitedly, I took a picture from our car window.




A sign of autumn is already starting to appear... Trader Joe's illustration is so lovely like a picture book and is giving zest to a lot of pumpkins.

Let's go into the store!




Pretty...❤︎   My favorite miniature roses*





This is it! Japanese bloggers were posting this variety of peach. Saturn peach, also called donut peach or flat peach. Though we didn't get it, I'd like to eat it next time. I read that it is harder, sweeter, and has a richer smell than a common peach.




These apples are cropped in Michigan! Oh...if my stay was longer enough, I would definitely buy them!




I brought one back to Japan. It's a hit with me. Pretty reasonable price for 21 seasoning. It is including garlic and lemon, too. So I don't have to buy lemon pepper additionally😉




Yes! I wanted this "PINWHEEL". For me, the image is more like Belgian than American. My friend gave me this at my last visit and I was surprised by a refined taste. I also recommend these cute round cookies as a souvenir☺  Cocoa & hazelnut cream is inside the smooth cookies...




Simple cookies. How inexpensive they are😮  Slightly sweet milk & honey...sounds good. Maybe someday.




I gave it a try. I bought Milk one, which was a little too sweet for me. Dark one might be better. Five chocolate bars were individually inside. I thought there was more space in the box to add  2-3 bars...ahhhh...never mind..




Collie is visiting Trader Joe's for the first time, too. I'm glad he got interested in characteristic groceries and likes a fun atmosphere of this store. He is enjoying buying his foods!




I like his light blue shirt...(--




They have Organic Chocolate Bars, too! Trader Joe's illustrations are lovely on every products, really. 

We had a good time. I want to come back here and am looking forward to buying other foods. "We" will come back. 

Like me, Collie was also happy to have spent time at this American chain of grocery store, which began in Los Angels.