October 20, 2019

Sushi Rolls come to my mind when I hear my mother's cooking. What about yours?

When you hear "your mother's cooking", what does come to your mind?

As for me, it is sushi rolls. My mother is very good at making sushi rolls and she makes it quickly. Sliced and arranged sushi rolls are beautiful on the big plate. Moreover, it is delicious!


It is rolled food made by wrapping rice and fillings with dried seaweed by hand, using makisu (a bamboo mat).

What's good about hand-made sushi is that ingredients are somewhat arranged. Compared to buying in stores, sushi rice is seasoned lightly with less vinegar, sugar and salt. It is healthy, and I do like this mild taste.


I brought pork cutlets, chicken cutlets and croquettes etc. I bought them at the long-established local store on the way to my parents' home.

A lot of foods on the table. The event was held to eat hand-made sushi rolls, and pork cutlets popular among locals. My mother's sushi rolls are popular among my family, also guests who visit their place.

Today, I introduced food on the table at a small home party in Japan, to you.

What is the favorite dish made by your mother?  :)