April 29, 2022

Satisfactory dinner from K-market at the night before I left Helsinki

Helsinki, Finland. I was on the tram, gazing absently out of the window. That was the evening before I left Finland for Japan.


Since I used trams for sightseeing during this short stay, I remembered there were some Japanese restaurants around here. Here it is! I could successfully take a quick commemorative photo from the tram. It says, IZAKAYA 居酒屋 TOKYO GASTRO LOUNGE, and TOKYO 55 SUSHI ACADEMY.


Then, getting out of the tram, and walk to the building of KANNISTON LEIPOMON, which is a bakery shop I thought cool in a travel guide book. I knew it was closed on Sunday, but just feeling the street vibe and looking at the building with my own eyes was also my quiet sightseeing.


I came back to the place where my hotel was, and tried buying food at K-market. The location is on the Etelaesplanadi Street in front of the Etelaesplanadi Park and there is K-market right across the corner near Svenska Teattery (Swedish Theater).


I chose any food from the counter as much as I wanted, and brought the bowl putted the rid on to the casher to pay. As soon as the casher saw my bowl, he was like, "You have to weigh, number 49!". 

😅😅😅   

I left the casher with my bowl, and like, "number 49, number 49...", started looking for "49" in the shop. Finally, I found the machine to put the bowl on to weight and selected "49". A seal printed the price came out of the machine. Oh, I see, this is how I had to do before going to the casher! 

I went back to the casher with a smile😊  The young guy who seemed a little abrupt at first was giving a full smile to me😄  Finnish guys might look unfriendly, but it doesn't mean they are unkind. They are shy and kind actually. This is what I learned from the guide book and my local experience.


At my room of Hotel St.George. I prepared for my dinner on the small table. A beer from Stockman I'd kept in the fridge went great with food from K-mart💚

Even if it's not at the gorgeous restaurant, it was a quite satisfactory dinner I had on the night before I left charming Helsinki. And the memories of the experience at K-market became a treasure still I miss.