June 10, 2024

Let's grab lunch at Tropical Smoothie Cafe!

Have you ever been to Tropical Smoothie Cafe? I've never been there until now. It is an Atlanta-based quick-service restaurant founded in Florida. Locations are more than 1150, in the US only so far? It looks like a vibrant cafe with a healthy appeal.


They are like, safe and quality ingredients means more than just delicious food and smoothies. Nice!

Rose's choice from WRAPS on the menu
BAJA  CHICKEN
grilled chicken, rice, black beans, smashed avocado, romaine,
pickled red onions, cheddar & roasted tomato salsa

It's awesome! I chose a wrap that included rice as an ingredient. Rice is a staple food in Japan. So this is a wonderful way to satisfy my stomach and heart while enjoying different country's cuisine.

Collie's choice from SALADS on the menu
THAI  CHICKEN
grilled chicken, carrots, cilantro, scallions & wontons
on a bed of romaine & served with Thai peanut dressing

His THAI CHICKEN looks great!  He chose a good one.

From SIDES on the menu
Collie's choice: MAPLE-KISSED SWEET POTATOES
Rose's choice: WHOLE FRUIT(choice of banana or apple)

I love it! 'Roasted' SWEET POTATOES are kind to the body and way healthier than 'fried' ones that are common in other restaurants. The beauty is that the roasted MAPLE-KISSED SWEET POTATOES are maple-grazed to make them tastier in a healthy way.

He didn't order a smoothie because he's afraid of the high calories, but I got one for me as it's a great opportunity in the US. Why not! 

Rose's choice from SMOOTHIES on the menu
PARADISE POINT
strawberries, banana & pineapple

Yum... It was heavenly❤︎  This is the best smoothie I've ever had. I'll definitely be a repeat customer.

However, the sweetness is not only due to natural sugars from the fruits alone. The chain adds turbinado sugar into smoothies. Turbinado sugar is raw cane sugar, a type of raw brown sugar. Unfortunately, the smoothie is not something you can drink every day because of added sugar. Still, this tastes amazing and I believe it's made from fresh and quality fruits. The slightly higher prices compared to other smoothie shops makes sense considering the high-quality and fresh ingredients. 

So...I'll try other menus while I'm in the US. I'll let you know more about that then.
Talk to you later, Rose