August 6, 2024

Quick & relaxing dinner at home on the last day in Michigan

We came back from CANTERBURY VILLAGE in Lake Orion. It was a TACO Festival. Though we didn't eat any Mexican food there as we were not so hungry, it was a very fruitful day for me to have experienced where the locals like to hang out on their day off. 

My dinner on the last day in Michigan was at Collie's home. It has a chill vibe so I can relax. I wish I could stay longer, but I am counted as one of the transient population in Michigan and have to go back to Tokyo tomorrow. Hectic work in a bustling city is waiting. 


I rustled up burrito-like food with gluten-free tortillas, served with sauteed broccoli with garlic. I was able to use in time the tortillas I chose at Kroger! My own style Mexican food😓  I wonder if he used the rest of the tortillas later... 

He said he didn't want my broccoli, but I gave him some😆  He found it's palatable after the first bite. He has a mysterious beef sandwich that he bought extra the other day, trying to make it healthier by adding some lettuce.

 。◇゜。◇゜。◇゜dessert ◇ time   。◇゜。◇゜。◇゜

KEY LIME CHEESECAKE from ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP

Collie finally eats his cheesecake tonight!  I also took out my cake: the rest of red velvet cake and carrot cake which became much smaller... I've been enjoying my cake over a couple of days😄

It's lovely to spend our evening by taking it easy at home. Just being together, I feel comfortable. I feel safe just being with him. I spent the last day of my stay in Michigan, relaxing like that.