August 3, 2024

How we spent CANTERBURY TACO FEST 2023 in Lake Orion, Michigan☆

CANTERBURY VILLAGE in Lake Orion, Michigan marked its 30th anniversary in 2023. Congratulations!  Collie & Rose visited CANTERBURY TACO FEST on June 25th, 2023.  I will show you how we spent it with photos.


Canterbury Castle   2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360, United States


Collie took me to CANTERBURY VILLAGE, saying, "You must like the TACO FEST!"   I was not sure why he thought so, but let's play it by ear and see where our day takes us.


For me, CANTERBURY VILLAGE has a Christmas or winter season image. I used to see Christmas ornaments and do shopping here. This is probably the first time I've been here in early summer. 


Walk around and look at the stalls and other things...


DONUT SUNDAE??  I haven't seen this before, but that makes sense. A donut nestled next to vanilla ice cream is drizzled with caramel sauce and whipped cream. It's a signature treat of YATES. Yum...


TACO EATING CONTEST at TULIP STAGE


I am sending a cheer unconsciously with a lot of spectators. Collie might have thought I liked TACO FEST because of this event...😅


The winner was a woman on the left. The way a guy looks at her while eating is humorous. Good job, everyone!


Collie is trying to buy something. :3  It was a chocolate chip cookie. I found he sometimes buying a cookie in this trip of mine. We took a seat and had a rest while chatting. I took a bite of the cookie. I thought the one he bought at ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP in Royal Oak was hands down the best.

BALLET FORKLORICO DE DETROIT at CHAPEL STAGE

It's a community-based dance company dedicated to preserving rich Mexican culture with dance and music. The dance expresses life and spirit of Mexican people through its movement and tune. 

ALL-STAR WRESTLING at YATES STAGE

I was privileged to take a picture with Great Tiger & Great Akuma. They were both very welcoming! What gentle eyes Great Tiger has! I was moved. When I said "I'm from Tokyo." to Great Akuma, he responded by saying "Hajimemashite", which meant 'Nice to meet you'. It was a wonderful experience. I am grateful to Collie for suggesting my standing in line with the audience for a picture with Great Tiger & Great Akuma.   *Akuma means Devil.


Throughout the festival, we tried to search numerous food trucks for the best TACO, but we missed eating it. The main reason is we weren't so hungry in spite that we liked Mexican food. We didn't eat traditional Mexican dish TACO, however, we really had a good time at CANTERBURY TACO FEST 2023 in Lake Orion, Michigan. It was held in 2024, too. You can read more details about the festival on this site. → https://www.canterburyvillage.com/event/canterbury-taco-fest/ Have a nice day!