Oxford is a charming small town in Michigan. My connection to this place began when Collie shared a little fact with me: 'It’s a sister city to Oxford in England.
Since my first visit, I've been captivated by the unique atmosphere of the downtown buildings—a place where 'quaint charm' feels like the perfect description. While America has plenty of lovely small towns with great vibes, there is something about downtown Oxford that sets it truly apart from any other.
This view was actually born from the scars of a fierce fire that once devastated the town, and the great determination of the people who decided to build a strong town that would never burn down again.
Knowing that this quiet, peaceful place survived such a turbulent history, the color of the bricks feels even deeper and richer.
Surely, this unique atmosphere comes from its history. It is different from just being 'cute.' The resilience of the ancestors who went through the disaster is reflected in the very soul of these buildings.
The powerful dark navy and deep red brick colors of downtown Oxford carry on that legacy.
Under the brilliant sun, I stood across the street, trying my best to capture a better shot of those buildings on North Washington Street. I wanted to do them justice.
I would be so happy if these photos and the story of Oxford leave a lasting mark on your heart.

