One of my favorite places to check out during my trip to Michigan is Meijer! It’s huge and has everything you need. Meijer is a massive supercenter that you can find all over Michigan.
For instance, look at this Meijer. Doesn't it just look like a dream?
Established in Michigan in 1934, they embrace a 'heritage design' to bring a warm, welcoming feel to the local community.
Kroger is a standard supermarket, perfect for quick, casual grocery runs. In contrast, Meijer is a huge supercenter that covers everything from clothes and electronics to home furniture.
It might just be my personal take, but if Kroger feels masculine, Meijer feels feminine to me. Maybe it’s because of their cute brick storefronts that look like townhouses, and perhaps it's their red logo on a white background.
Inside the store, I found some beautiful mini roses. Their delicate charm was so captivating that I simply had to snap a photo.
To be honest, I really wanted them, but I couldn't ask him directly. It wasn't that I just wanted to buy them myself; I was longing for the romance of receiving my favorite flowers as a gift from the person I love. So, I captured them in a photo instead.
Mini roses are my absolute favorite. But to be exact, I prefer ones that are even tinier than these. In this photo, they look like almost regular roses, don't they? So now, I tell myself it’s okay that he didn’t buy them. Haha!
Back at the house, we had a simple dinner with some leftover takeout salad and frozen dishes. The fall-themed napkins added a nice seasonal touch to the table.
Even so, those beautiful roses stayed on my mind during the rest of my stay. Before returning to Japan, while spending a quiet time alone at his house, I finally sent him an email gently explaining why I had wished for those flowers from him. When he came back home later, he smiled and said, 'Let’s go get you those roses!'
I felt sorry that I couldn't see those roses again. However, in retrospect, I realize that what truly mattered was simply that he is safe and well. I believe there will be another chance for the roses.
May I encounter such beautiful roses in Michigan once again. And hopefully, at that dreamy Meijer.


