October 20, 2018

What I bought this time at ONE WORLD MARKET, NOVI


I came back to ONE WORLD MARKET. It is a Japanese grocery store in Novi, which has the largest Japanese population in Michigan.

There is something I'd like to get again...


It is described "Japanese Grocery & Sushi"... Hmm, "Sushi". It's true that I saw wide variety of box sushi lunch last time.


Here it is~~~. |(^o^)/ I found it! I liked TAKAOKAYA tea bags of HOUJI-CHA.

Rich in roasted aroma, and satisfactorily strong in a mug. I can't find TAKAOKAYA tea in my living area, so I'll get one here in Novi♪ It is more tasty than HOUJI-CHA I usually buy in Tokyo.

HOUJI-CHA is roasted green tea. A high-temperature roasting process turns green tea a rich, toasty brown. By roasting, caffeine is much reduced to an extra low and you can drink it as an evening treat. Roasted tea is body-warming as opposed to green tea. HOUJI-CHA is my daily drink💜


This time, I bought (Collie bought😄...) this type of HOUJI-CHA additionally, though the price is never be reasonable like TAKAOKAYA. Actually....it was not as good as the price for me. It depends on each one's taste, though.


Just before Collie checked out at the register, I put one box of icebox cookies into his shopping basket😝  A small box contains a loooot of elaborate cookies❤︎ It looks yummy, isn't it!?

I was curious why there were cookies made in New Jersey among Japanese bread section. A Japanese grocery is selling New Jersey cookies.

Maybe I could bring it to my office as a souvenir. I was keeping it on the dining table at his house. However...later on, Collie said, "I want to eat."

(--)Ouch.

 It stimulated his interest. He wants to taste it and know how he likes it. So, I opened a clear box and shared a few cookies with him. It is sweet quite moderately. What a gentle taste it has! I realized why it is sold at this grocery where Japanese people come to seek Japanese foods. It really makes sense. For Japanese people, "It is delicious because it's not so sweet." is a line to praise sweets. This cookie must be unsatisfactory for Collie.

Collie "It is delicious."      ← on a  serious expression

(--).....

Therefore, New Jersey icebox cookies became a treat for us while I was in Michigan.

P.S. Don't worry about white powder which looks like mold at first glance. You notice white suspicious objects on cocoa dough, however, it is flour. When Collie called ONE WORLD MARKET to ask, a clerk answered right away because they'd asked a New Jersey maker before. Some other people seem to have had same doubt as me.

They are kind of cookies you can also enjoy as a breakfast with coffee. What's more, icebox cookies are fun to see. Milk tea is an awesome idea, I think.