November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving Day - A day to give thanks for what I have

In the United States, Thanksgiving is held on the fourth Thursday of November.

Commonly, it is said that the "First Thanksgiving" is celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the New World. Pilgrims were the first English settlers in the Plymouth Colony in Plymouth, Massachusetts. They had a difficult time to secure their food. The Native Americans helped them to survive their first winter in America. Thanks to the Native Americans, the Pilgrims from England harvested as much as they could make it through the next winter. The Pilgrims invited the Native Americans to show their gratitude and had a feast together, giving their thanks and praise to God.

There is a  tradition for whole family to get together and celebrate Thanksgiving with a gorgeous dinner.


I am alone at the apartment in Japan. I don't have roasted turkey nor a pumpkin pie, but wishing you a warm Thanksgiving. I wish I could be there!

Instead, I post my little feast I had at the cafe a few months ago.

Thanksgiving is also a day to give thanks for what I have. It is a comfort to know.


I think about what I am thankful for.

There should be a lot of things. We tend to take it for granted that we already have.

So...I thankful for who I am.

Thanks God. I am happy for who I am. I am a creature of your will.