January 4, 2020

a station plaza and a city street in Helsinki, Finland

Got out of Ring Rail Line.
Looking back, people were walking to Helsingin rautatieasema (Helsinki Central Station).


The building over there must be the Helsinki station building. However, I didn't recognized it then. I don't know why, but I went out of the platform directly to the city road instead of walking into the station. It was a surprise, we don't need to go through the station to go out to the city.

Later, it became a reason I missed R-kioski where I can buy my day ticket (IC card for the transportation in Helsinki). In the station, truly there are shops to the point for travelers like me.


I had a map, but I was not sure and I relied on my hunch as to which direction I should go first to reach my hotel.


It looks like a station plaza.


It started to sprinkle a little bit... Unfortunate, when I'm with my suitcase... But it didn't get harder.

I sat at the bench in the park, and looked around to try to orient myself in the city, comparing each building with the map page of my guide book.

Suomen Kansallisteatteri - National theater

I can't believe it, I am really in Finland, the first Scandinavia for me. Oh I really came!

Then, I managed to walk towards Stockmann (department store) somehow with a map by my side.


It was a gorgeous street! And brilliant fruits caught my eyes. I bought various fruits in one plastic case. Sweet! I can eat fresh fruits at the hotel🎶


Woah!  That's wild! 

I'm in Northern Europe.  What kind of experience is waiting for me?  I am so thrilled.