February 11, 2020

In Helsinki at dusk, I hung around looking for S-Kioski.

I should've bought my travel card in Helsinki Vantaa International Airport before coming to Helsinki Central Station by Ring Rail Line!

I thought I could get it easily because the Day Ticket is to use in Helsinki. It is a convenient ticket you can ride a tram(streetcar), subway, bus, public ferry by that. I was going to buy a 3-day ticket.

But, I missed going to R-Kioski at the Helsinki Central Station.


I took a rest for a while at the hotel St.George, and then asked a hotel clerk where I could get a Day Ticket. He kindly brought a map and circled some possible places by pencil.

I expected the shop I could explain what I wanted to a salesclerk, but shops must have been closed as it's already around 7 o'clock in the evening. I just found a dark shop without light, I didn't even know that was R-Koski or not. Later I found a vending machine perhaps for a certain ticket, but I didn't understand what it really was.


Helsingin Tumoiokirekko (Helsinki Cathedral).
It is located almost in the center of Helsinki and described a symbol of Helsinki.

I gave up buying my Day Ticket tonight and started looking around the area near my hotel.


Elongate windows. I think it is a noticeable feature of the buildings or houses in Helsinki.

Indeed, a city of Helsinki gives me a feel as if I were walking the streets surround by castles in medieval Europe.

I will get my Day Card tomorrow morning. I saw a vending machine at the station platform of Helsinki Central Station. Time is counted from the purchase time, so I should buy it shortly before I ride a tram for the first time tomorrow.