March 20, 2020

Woo-hoo! I finally got the day ticket! It's a travel pass in Helsinki♪

I couldn't find a R-kioski that sells a day ticket I was seeking last night. The IC card type is sold at a R-kioski or a travel agency, and the paper type card is sold in a vending machine. My priority was buying the former because it gets effective right after you make it touch the card reader and the green lamp lights up. On the other side, the latter's usable time is counted from the purchasing time.


I remember there was a vending machine on the platform. Now my plan was getting on the tram immediately after I got a paper type day ticket.


A fresh morning on Saturday. I was heading to Helsingin rautatieasema (Helsinki central station).


STOCKMANN. The large shopping mall in the heart of Helsinki with eight stories above ground and two below. Check it out! I will definitely come here later.


Rautatientori (station square).  This is the starting point of my journey in Helsinki.


I chose English for the explanation of how to use the machine, and could buy my day ticket somehow❤︎ I am glad😂  So, this is the paper type. I got a day ticket for 3 days for myself, and it started right now.

With a day ticket, you can travel on trams, the Metro, buses, commuter trains and Suomenlinna ferry. It allows you to travel in the Helsinki region for 1-7 days.


Ateneumin taidemuseo. The largest museum in Finland. I'm glad to see Japanese kanji 美 in Finland. It's impressive.

There comes a tram! I will find another tram which goes to Hakaniemen Kauppahalli (market hall) as soon as possible. I'd love to have a breakfast there. My cinnamon roll, I'll be there soon😍

Alright, let's go!