April 19, 2020

Fun shopping at S-Market & hanging around Hakaniemi Market Hall

It's always fun to see what kinds of things there are at the supermarket abroad.
The weather is very nice this afternoon. Leaving Hakaniemi Market Hall, I wanted to walk in this area as much as I could.
I am a tourist visiting in Helsinki, but I'm hanging around just following my heart as if I were one of the local people.
To see something not in the guidebook! 
While exploring, I was talked by an Asian young guy with the words I couldn't understand. He must have thought I was the one from the same country as him. 

"I am sorry I can't understand what you're saying because I am Japanese, but have a nice day!" I said to him with a smile. :)

It happens pretty frequently when I'm both in foreign countries and in Japan. It's all right.
The medieval architecture in Finland catch my eyes. How nicely it harmonizes with the modern cityscape!
New green leaves are full of hope. For me, this building is like a historic dormitory.
After enjoying walking the town to the full, I went into S-Market. Open 24/7, good assortment for all likings, many familiar brands, and decent price! 
These Finnish bread became my favorite! How great people can buy such high-quality bread freely at the local market. I wish I could get them in Japan! Thin, dense, yet fluffy texture is really my taste and goes with any kind of ingredients as a sandwich. 

And familiar Finnish chocolates were souvenirs for my family, friends and co-workers. (and myself, of course)

I felt sorry for a casher because she had to process every single item of the chocolates with a cash register. However, she was kind in her behavior, and smiling. Maybe she knew they would be lovely presents from Finland in my country. She might even know I am Japanese. It was impressive. 
I preserve classy rows of houses along the street. 

Though I was planning to go to Hakaniemi Market Hall again for my lunch, I was worried whether the chocolate would melt in the sunny weather. I am going to my hotel first to put my purchases, and then I will come back here again. 

The chocolate is full of precious memories in Finland.