August 2, 2020

A Fabulous Finnish cinnamon roll & an excellent Americano I tasted at St.GEORGE BAKERY, Helsinki

My purpose for traveling in Finland was experiencing Finnish cinnamon rolls. On a trip for 3 days, there were several chances to have cinnamon rolls. It is also called cinnamon buns. In Finland, it is "korvapuusti". 

I want to tell you, I had a beautiful Finnish cinnamon roll at the cafe of the hotel I stayed at. It was not in the guidebook, but it was the best! 

Korvapuusti at St.GEORGE BAKERY

It was served, softly warmed up. It was the most beautiful I korvapuusti I'd ever had. I'd like to say it even if I was not experienced a lot. 

Finnish cinnamon roll is horizontally rolled up, seasoned with cardamon as well as cinnamon, sprinkled crystal sugar instead of icing on top. 


St.GEORGE BAKERY is on the first basement of Hotel St.George. https://www.stgeorgehelsinki.com

I might not have visited here unless I stayed at this hotel. So, I'm thankful that I had an opportunity to stay at an elegant Hotel St.George in Helsinki City Center, which is only 10-minute walk from Helsinki Central Station. 


There were plenty of attractive rolls, muffins, pastries, and cakes...but my choice was Finnish cinnamon roll I was really hoping to try! 

One woman is working at the cafe. She gently speaks. It makes me feel at ease, and it is as if her smile is healing people's mind. I was greeting a crisp, refreshing morning.


I learned how amazingly the power of gentle smiles and words affect people around. It makes us happy!

One of the visitor's coffee looked great. I was interested in it and asked him what he ordered.
"Americano."  This is it! 

Americano at St.GEORGE BAKERY

Tasty! It's my favorite flavor. It is covered with creamy foam, making the coffee excellent even better. It is not milk froth, but coffee froth. I do love it❤︎


A fabulous Finnish cinnamon roll & an excellent Americano I tasted at St.GEORGE BAKERY were the highlight of my trip in Helsinki. 

I asked the Finnish lady which coffee beans was used for this Americano. I thought about bringing the beans back to Japan, but I didn't. There was not an enough space in my suitcase. 


We are in the midst of trying to overcome the Corona Crisis. A shift towards more remote-based work style will remain even after we have overcome COVID-19. "New Normal" will remain as "New Lifestyle". Someday we will be able to travel again, in, perhaps, a little changed way.  

I can't even think about a trip in a current situation. Still, traveling is great. I can travel in my mind by seeing those pictures taken in Finland.

Someday...

If I go to Finland again, I will definitely visit St.GEORGE BAKERY even if I stay at a different hotel. I fell in love with the food here. And when I am asked "Would you like it warmed up?" kindly,  I will say "Yes!" with a happy smile.