May 9, 2021

I saw double cherry blossoms in my new city! It was a pleasant surprise.

On Apr.9th, after I registered my change of address at the new city office, I walked to the condominium I'd move into soon.


What a pleasant surprise!!! Double cherry blossoms were in full bloom. It's a kind I love among cherry blossoms. I didn't know those lovely ones are near my place to live in!


The considerate guy at the real estate agency told me after we had a private view, that I could walk along the river to the station. Until then, I only knew one route to go back and forth between the condo and the station. Always walking on a main street full of people is somewhat restless, although it's safe at night. I was happy to know there is such a restful street alongside the river.


Sweet...!  What a beautiful sight it is!


Meguro River. It is one of the rivers which flow through Tokyo, 7.82km length and extends across Setagaya, Meguro, and Shinagawa City. The kinds of cherry blossoms must vary in each area. 

My thoughts go to Detroit, so it will be my Detroit River. I know the scale is different and Meguro River water color is dark... 


Thank you for being there. Several times, I had imagined...if I lived at a house in U.S.A., I might think about having double cherry blossoms in the yard. Must be a smaller tree, though. ww

Now in my new city, I can see spectacular lines of double-flowered cherry trees on the far-reaching river side.  One hope came true in this way.

God had loved us before we loved God.  God is immeasurable in his wisdom.