February 27, 2022

COFFEE & BREAD IKEDAYAMA - a quiet cosy cafe in the high-end residential area

 IKEDAYAMA 池田山 is the leading luxury redidensial area in HIGASHIGOTANDA 東五反田. I found an attractive walking route from my condo quite recently. IKEDAYAMA has dignity, and like, also has warmth that welcomes you.


A bright, wood-paneled surroundings inside. It must be popular with the locals. How nice people can lay back at such a clear cafe in this residential area, feeling a comfortable air through the window. Luckily, I could take a seat by the window.


One of the bread I chose was home-made tuna English muffin sandwiches. This is the most impressive muffin I've ever had! The texture is fluffy and moist. The English muffin tastes good when plain as well.


Sorry for the half eaten! I'm still working on it.. Milk, and low-fat milk are available here. I went to the counter to pour milk, and add a little low-fat milk, too. Time went by leisurely..gently... I really felt I need this kind of time in my life.


When it comes to coffee, I'm trying to drink organic one since I knew coffee's pesticides are enormous unless it's organic. This place has in-house roasted coffee, but I'm afraid to say it's not organic, although it must be good quality one, I suppose. They provide MABROC for tea. It must also be good quality even if it's not said organic.


The sandwich bread contains 90% water. It is a signature of this cafe. Bread and pastry are freshly baked here as well as in-house roasted coffee. The sandwiches made with quality white bread are amazing! The bread is also moist and tasty even if as is.

A pleasant cozy place near GOTANDA 五反田 Station that provides nice atmosphere and delicious bread with friendly staff. I know I should eat less gluten, however, COFFEE & BREAD IKEDAYAMA seems to have become a place I'd like to go to for a change of pace.