March 6, 2022

a weekend hideaway French restaurant & Ikedayama residences

On Saturday, I visited a small restaurant that is located between Takanawadai Station & Gotanda Station. It is a hidden small restaurant in the basement well shined by natural light.

Restaurant Perfume

I wanted to have some quiet time, however...however... There was a couple with a child. The baby started cracking up while I was quietly at the table. It happens... I know... Maybe I should come here on weekdays. 

Though Restaurant Perfume is a small restaurant, the taste is authentic French. I ordered simple sandwiches this time, but there are variety of dishes that satisfies your taste buds.


Soon I departed the restaurant and took a walk around Ikedayama 池田山 area; the high-end residential street.

There are adorable houses. A sight worth seeing indeed even if they are houses where people live. More of residences than houses.   


There is a birthplace of Her Majesty Empress Michiko in Ikedayama 池田山. Prior to the cherry blossoms, the plum blossoms are starting to get in bloom.


This is an amazing residence! It is not an embassy nor a museum, but a place a certain wealthy family live. 


Walked down towards the Main Street: Sakurada Street 桜田通り,  I found another plum blossoms. It's almost in full bloom!

When one year is soon about to pass since I moved to Gotanda 五反田, Ikedayama 池田山 became my favorite walking pass that restores a peaceful, happy state of mind. 
See you, Rose