January 22, 2023

Saint Maria of Catholic Meguro Church & a small cafe wellk on a calm street

The closest Catholic Church from my condo is Catholic Meguro Church. I can't attend Mass there because it's limited to Catholics who belong to the church itself to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Oh, well, I'm sick of it!


Instead, every time I pass along Catholic Meguro Church, I stop to look at a statue of Saint Mary. 


This time, I walked to Meguro-Mita Street, where I tried to find my living place before. Once, and still now, I am charmed with a sophisticated and calm atmosphere of the street. Diagonally in front of this charming brick shop (also a house? How pretty!), there is a small cafe called wellk.


Likely to miss such a quiet entrance with a small letter "wellk"., however, I got interested in what the place was. 


I taste acidity in this coffee and the Carrot Cake is more of a meal than a cake. Personally, I prefer plenty whipped cream to ice cream on the side. 


It's a unique concept to taste a cake with pepper & salt. The cake must be great because it looks very nutritious with a lot of nuts, but it was not my kind of Carrot Cake.


This is a small cafe like a room of an apartment. It's located in a peaceful residential neighborhood that is a midpoint between Meguro and Ebisu. The two-story building across the way is impressive. I visited here again to have a Cheese Cake. I'll let you know how it goes.

+++

Today, I knew Catholic Meguro Church removed the restriction and it seems like non-members can also attend the Mass unless over 120 people. I could try to attend English Mass in the near future. If I am asked "Why English Mass?", I wish I could answer, like, "Because my 'husband' is American.". Sigh..I'm single... An alternative plan is, "Because my 'partner' is American.".
All the best, Rose