December 1, 2023

I came across DOWNTOWN ROCHESTER FARMER'S MARKET☆

 On S Main St, a signboard attracted my attention.   It says, 

JOIN US AT THE MARKET
DOWNTOWN ROCHESTER FARMERS' MARKET
*FRESH FROM MICHIGAN*

I will go and see them now!  I may discover delicious-looking foods related to the region.


Near the signboard, there stands an attractive Asian girl waiting at the traffic light.

DOWNTOWN ROCHESTER FARMERS' MARKET opens on Saturdays, May through October 8:00 am - 1:00 pm at the corner of E.THIRD & WATER ST.

The booth I got most interested in was Great Harvest Bread Co. from Shelby Township in Michigan.


GREAT HARVEST believes in using pure, simple ingredients, bakes everything from scratch, and fresh mill their 100% whole grain flour every day, instead of relying on the use of additives. 

The premium whole wheat from the family farms located in Montana is fresh milled every morning in the bakery, and blended with simple wholesome ingredients, like yeast, salt, and honey.  It must contribute greatly to the "hearty taste" of GREAT HARVEST. 

It's quite tempting, but I didn't buy anything this time because I had pancake lunch plans (at the same place as my breakfast!)


Leaving the fun place back to S Main St, I saw red miniature roses blooming profusely.

I was happy to have experienced a spot where the locals gather. DOWNTOWN ROCHESTER FARMERS' MARKET is a perfect community to know locally grown Michigan-made products.