February 12, 2024

A tiny little bird in Rochester Municipal Park in Michigan

Then, we came to Rochester Municipal Park for a walk and chillout. We didn't walk very far. After walking for a while, we turned back and rested on a bench in the shade of the tree.

The Municipal Park is literally a place of play for Rochester residents, over a mile of paved walkway with winding creek, pond as well as courts for tennis and volleyball. About 88 years ago, Rochester residents dedicated a new recreation spot on Paint Creek. Built on the site of a bankrupt dairy farm and a long-abandoned millrace, Avon Park -now called Rochester Municipal Park- quickly became a favorite place for local residents to play, relax, and picnic etc.


Before finding a bench we sat, I saw a little something that moved small on the ground under the tree. It was a baby bird! It must have been fallen from the nest... I was so worried, but I knew I shouldn't move the little one.

Collie says, if we are nearby, parents birds cannot come to feed the baby bird. So we moved from the place. We sat on the bench, feeling the beauty of the green and gentle warm air in June.

It was not long before we noticed boys started a ball game around the place where a baby bird was on the ground. "I will tell them." Collie stood up and walked to the boys to tell them that there was a baby bird that fell out of the nest near the place they were playing. The boys honestly understood. They moved away from their playground immediately and resumed their play. 

I wondered, how many people in the world can act like him for a tiny little bird? I live far away in Japan. We have been in a long distance relationship for a very long time. However, his act like this is probably the reason why I continue to be attracted by him.

Rochester Municipal Park
400 6th St, Rochester, MI 48307, United States

Rochester Municipal Park is a place I want to visit every time I come to Downtown Rochester. There is a lot of charming cafes and restaurants in the downtown, and this park is also in my heart not only when I am in Michigan, but also when I live in Japan. 

I wish you all a wonderful week, Rose