July 9, 2024

an active day at Tahquamenon Falls State Park and a new gift

We hit the road and reached Tahquamenon Falls State Park, that is between Newberry City and Paradise City in the northern Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The sun is so bright. We played in the river. I was impressed that Collie brought a bath towel so he could dry our feet later. It's like him😉 


The water is so clear that you can see straight down to the bottom! 

I didn't take a picture this time, but you can see all 360 degrees of Tahquamenon Upper Falls through Google's Street View. Tahquamenon Upper Falls is not only Michigan's largest waterfall, but it is also one of the largest waterfalls in the United States east of Mississippi River.


Nothing beats cold beer on such a scorching day!😋  We usually have lunch at Tahquamenon Falls Brewery & Pub when we come to this park. It is a unique brewery with meals that fill you up and rustic charm, offering fine selection of micro brewed beers. I am blown away by the distinctive quality of harvest wheat beer.


I did one of the sandwiches. It is BIG!😳 All sandwiches are served with beer battered fries (substitute onion rings for $4). I rather like simply fried french fries, but many people seem to like beer battered fries. I ate up all the food on my plate. Ohhhh, I'm stuffed... 

Camp 33 Gift Shop

Camp 33 Gift Shop is located next door to the Tahquamenon Falls Brewery & Pub. It's so cute that stairs are full of stuffed animals. I couldn't help but record it on video😊


Hiking on the trail, watching falls, playing in the river, big lunch with beer, the gift shop...we had a blast. It was an active day. Then we drove back south, and headed towards Mackinaw City through Mackinac Bridge. After we checked in at a hotel in Mackinaw City -


I took a picture of a necklace. It's same as the one which I bought last time. This time, Collie bought it for me when I was wondering if I should buy a new one or not because the former one was partially damaged. 

Coming back to Japan, I sometimes wear this necklace Collie bought for me. This necklace is full of memories on that day, and his kind suggestion.