July 14, 2024

Evening stroll in Mackinaw City by myself & our little fight?

Collie has a web meeting on Zoom. In the meantime, I will walk to Downtown Mackinaw City, browse, and take a picture while walking around.  Dear everyone who visited this blog, join me♪


A quiet residential area where locals live.


It has a simple cuteness.


I reached Main Street of Downtown Mackinaw City. DIXIE SALOON is a beer restaurant and a memorable place for me. If you know why it is, you are my long time blog reader, perhaps from the Japanese version.


I like this spot best among Downtown Mackinaw City.


ZACHARIAH'S(Mackinaw Breakfast Sandwiches) is a pretty coffee shop where you can enjoy coffee, cakes, sandwiches and more. I have not a chance so far, but I'd love to try it someday.


Looks like an opulent villa. Guess what? It's a B&B! : Brigadoon of Mackinaw City Bed & Breakfast 


A cute house in the vicinity of the Main Street. What the inside is like?


A gift shop with a wide variety of goods as well as fudge, across Langlade St from DIXIE SALOON.


Walking across E Central Ave, the entrance of Mackinaw Crossings Mall is on the S Huron Ave. 
The sky is turning red in the twilight. 
For a closer one, please take a look at my short video!→ https://www.instagram.com/p/C9Tdc8eyj1y/


It got already past 9 p.m. Having tried to get good shots, I was a little late. I'm returning to the hotel by a different route than the one to see another row of houses in Mackinaw City.


Then we went to DIXIE SALOON for a light supper. It was a bit bustling with live music, so we asked for a quiet window seat. I ordered chicken salad for myself as scheduled since it looked very good when Collie had it here years ago. However, my salad with chicken topping was served without chicken. When I pointed out, small pieces of chicken were added soon on my salad. Disappointing... I remember chicken slices were voluminous and juicy on salad before, on that memorable night. The quality has throughly changed after covid-19 pandemic. But draft beer brought from the next bar was tasty as ever. Every cloud has a silver lining.

While discussing where to stop on the way home, it seems I've made him feel bad. He asked me if I was interested in experiencing a tea ceremony in Saginaw, but I playfully told him that he was interested in. "Collie, be honest with me."  He ended up saying, like, "OK, we don't go!". I didn't mean to make him in the bad mood...😢

Mackinac  Bridge  at  night

Later, I realized that I forgot to let him use a coupon available at DIXE SALOON. Thrifty Rose totally forgot it since I was upset with him. It must have happened because he thought people should feel it's not suitable that an American guy like him got interested in Japanese culture. The definition of an American guy "like him" is different between him & me. He is a humble person who is not aware of his greatness. I'd say it's fantastic that he's interested in Japanese culture. I appreciate that he knows unique and wonderful things about Japanese culture and Japanese people. He is absolutely cute. Collie is mine. (- -)fufufufufu...    a Japanese onomatopoeia for a sly or sexy laugh, almost always used for women.

Collie, let's go to Japanese Culture Center in Saginaw for the tea ceremony together next time. 
You are a cool real man and people feel honored that a great man like you respects Japanese quality.