July 28, 2024

Sweet & relaxing time at ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP in Metro Detroit

Regarding my trip to Michigan for the first time in five years, ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP was a must to revisit! Three cakes I'd definitely love to eat had always been in my mind while I was waiting in Japan for travel restrictions to be lifted.

ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP started its history in 1971 from the Greektown District of downtown Detroit, which was my first visit. Since then, I'd also visited Royal Oak shop several times, and this time, I came to Royal Oak shop again.

ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP   320 S Main St. ROYAL OAK

The three cakes of my dearest wish is...

Carrot cake!

Cheesecake!

Red Velvet Cake!

And the following Milk Chocolate Cookie was a new surprise. Collie bought it quickly so he could eat it while walking and I had a bite of it. It was so good! 😍 

Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies

We took a quick look at ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP, and stepped out for a stroll in downtown Royal Oak. We will come back to this shop again to get my dream cakes later. 

A music festival was being held in a certain area. We attended a little but that music turned out not to be Collie's thing, nor to be Rose's thing. It was a scorching hot day. So we cut short walking around the city. 

We are heading to ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP.

We decided to eat something at the store besides taking away some other cakes with us after that. Let's take a break in a cool place♪

Collie's choice is mint chocolate chip ice cream☺ 

Rose's choice is cheesecake☺

Collie ordered large sized ice cream for himself and like "I can't eat it all.", but ate it all. :3  

I ordered plain cheesecake because I wanted the simple taste of cheesecake itself. This is my first cheesecake of ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP in a while. I'm happy❤︎


I have a penchant for cheesecake♡   It's not great in terms of health, but it tastes amazing!

We savored the relaxing atmosphere of the cafe sitting by the window and looking out at the street.


Savoring a treat inside the store with specialty gourmet coffee roasted just for their customers...✨ Coffee was great too and it went well with my cheesecake. I enjoyed the time to my heart's content. Collie is like, he's craving for meat after taking a lot of sugar. ww But I'm sure he also enjoyed the sweet & relaxing time at ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP like me.


We brought home a box containing three pieces of cakes. I will let you know which cakes we bought. 

ASTORIA PASTRY SHOP is receiving many awards over the years and the high standard confections are preeminent in Detroit metropolitan area. I highly recommend you to go to this charming shop in Greektown or Royal Oak. You'd surely meet your favorite there.