February 23, 2019

You are the person I like most in the world.

All those I've written about were the happenings of my Michigan stay in September 2018.

The night before I left Michigan for Tokyo, he said to me,
"I will miss you. You are the person I like most in the world."

He had said or written "I love you." several times. He doesn't use the word "love" easily. He acts in the firm belief that he should use it when he is convinced he's prepared for proper surroundings including a house with his spouse.

It's better than a man who says "I love you." many times so easily, but actually is an insincere man. However, doesn't just "I love you." sound happier than "like most in the world." for a woman's heart?

He saw me off at Detroit International Airport as usual.

The following month, October 2018, his uncle passed away. The man in wheelchair he had been taking care of since he collapsed from a stroke.

I remember his uncle said to me, "He is a kind man." when we visited him at the facility. Also, he said we were a well-suited couple.

The long years have ended. He continues to drive his handicapped sister to the bowling alley on Saturday.


Now he must take care of himself to regain his health.

Sometimes, he's not sure if he can wake up next morning because of his painful condition.

I wish I could live in Michigan and stay by his side forever. What I can do is limited in Japan even if I want to be of his help.

Or....it comes into my mind again.  He wants to remain single...?

Nobody has an answer.  All I know is I want him to live.   Because -

I love him.