April 27, 2019

Leaving Tokyo to Michigan at the end of the year 2018

It must have been a bad timing... Collie was not in a good condition. Rather worse, in a bad mood. "But I will put back in a good mood until you come.", he said in the mail.


(- -)


There was a big chance to visit Michigan during New Year's holiday because I could be away from work for 10 days. I suddenly book a flight to Michigan. It was almost impulsive.

I know he is busy. New Year's holiday is not long in U.S.A. I planed to study at the dining table of his house while he was out at work. Still, I can see him when he is at home.


I stopped by WELCOME CAFE at COREDO Nihonbashi after work. I wanted to eat a strawberry sponge cake with rich fresh cream as a Christmas cake for myself.

Non-fluffy dough I love and it shows the cake is honest home-made. Lightly sweetened whipped cream is deliciously smooth on the cake.


I had a good time with my brother and his girlfriend at the Italian restaurant on Christmas Eve.

Quiet time at the cafe alone on Christmas Day is not bad. It's unusual for me to order tea. ww (That is because I enjoyed wine the day before.)

A cake of WELCOME CAFE is gentle to the body. It wonderfully went with Earl Gray tea.


As my father, who used to work at IHI talked about V2500 engines passionately before my flight, I took a picture of the inflight magazine.

On December 28th, I was in the Delta airplane going to Detroit. I can fly immediately once I put my mind to it.

I won't bother his time. So I didn't make any plans nor asked him to drive me to anywhere. I will just spend time at his house.

Because of my sudden trip, he had to cancel and reschedule his detailed examination at the hospital. I have a license, but I rarely drive. I am useless... (- -。

I am sorry.  I just wanted to see him.  If there was Collie, it was all right.