December 28, 2019

I took Ring Rail Line from Helsinki Vantaa International Airport.


Landing! 


Inside the airport


There is a drugstore around the area which leads to the public transportation. I thought it must be expensive as it's in the airport, but it was pretty reasonable.

These pastries seemed quite popular among Finnish people. I saw men, flight attendants, and boys picking up these pastries one after another. Wanted to know how to buy it, I watched how they weigh it on the scale before going to the checkout counter.

I tried "karjalanpiirakka" on the left side of the above picture. I wondered what's inside, and later on the train, I found it was a rice pudding wrapped with a rye & flour sheet. I am Japanese and my stomach felt happy to have rice in Europe.


Collie! I found a Border Collie at Star Bucks in the Airport. I sent this picture to Collie, saying, "I saw you in the airport in Finland!"


From Helsinki Vantaa International Airport, I needed to ride a train to go to Rautatieasema(Helsinki Central Station). P line, I line, both will be OK because it is a loop line! :)

I bought a ticket on the platform. I was nervous, but a kind man helped me to buy it. ^^

You can use a bus as you like.


It takes about 30 minutes from Helsinki Vantaa International Airport to Helsinki Central Station.

I took pictures of Ring Rail Line on the opposite platform through a window. If mine is P line, that line should be I line.

Quiet, peaceful time...in spite that I was checking each station's name on the sign board every time the train stoped.

Don't worry, Rose. You can relax. Destination is Helsinki Central Station.