March 22, 2020

Food! Food! Food! KAUPPA HALLI SALUHALL (indoor market hall of Hakaniemi)

At Hakaniemi Market Hall, you can enjoy both of outdoor market hall & indoor market hall.
Today, I show you the indoor market hall. The inside of the building seems to be called HAUPPA HALLI SALUHALL.

Are you ready for viewing how Finnish food is like?  Let's go!


Plenty of pastries in bright sunlight streaming in through the windows.


Seafood on rye bread? And...ummm..a lot of kind of sandwiches.. There are various types of bread.


Eromanga!  Each pastry of this bakery shop is big!


I bought a pale green bread which looks like a pastry with pistachios kneaded into it.


Breathtaking! Eggs, salmon, shrimps! Open-faced sandwiches all look good! This is so Finnish, isn't it??


I sat on the bench, and took a rest. I didn't go to the second floor, but there are several gift shops there. On the first floor, there are fresh food sections, cafes and also variety shops like this.


Is it Border Collie...??


Border Collie seems very popular in Finland..  (- -) ←staring at each postcard written Border Collie.

So, I showed these pictures to Collie in Michigan to say, "Collie! You are popular and loved by Finnish people!".  And, I bought one and sent the postcard to him later from a central post office in Helsinki.


Peaceful Saturday morning. Leaving Hakaniemen Kauppahalli (Hakaniemi Market Hall), I'm going to hang around this area.

I recommend you to visit Hakaniemi Market Hall at least once when you visit Helsinki. Be careful because it is closed on Sunday. I'm sure that simple, but good quality food welcomes you friendlily.