March 23, 2020

Old Harajuku Station Building & Victoria Sponge Cake

I like a retro look of old Harajuku Station Building. I searched for more information on the internet, and knew it is British half timbering, and the oldest wooden station building in Tokyo, completed in 1924.


But it is scheduled to be demolished in 2020, after Tokyo Olympics, which is still not known whether to be held or postponed, though. When I heard Harajuku Station would be demolished, I felt sad. It has been a symbol of Harajuku for a long time. However, it can't be helped because the building doesn't meet fire resistance...


Old Harajuku Station Building viewed from the platform of Harajuku Station.


Heart-warming is that the present design will be restored, and presented in the original form, at this same place. The new building built here in the future is no more a station building, but it will surely continue as our symbol of Harajuku.


We took a walk toward our lunch place. In such a sunny day of March. Oh, I'm in love with Omotesando cityscape! Stylish shops and streets harmonizing with nature are uplifting!!


We visited FRANZE & EVANS (←my previous post: Charming cityscape and FRANZE & EVANS in Omotesando, Tokyo) again.  We do love this cafe from the UK❤︎


I'm so happy, Victoria Sponge Cake is still alive😍

A tender vanilla cake and a layer of berry jam and cream are making it a British classic. It is named Victoria Sponge Cake because it is the favorite cake of queen Victoria. Bouncy sponge has a rich, buttery flavor... Butter cream is so tempting, too.


I shared a slice of Victoria Sponge Cake with Lady F.  After lunch, it became a perfect tea-time treat.

We caught up with each other. March, just before the new business year is the best time to update how things are going on. I appreciate I have a reliable friend. Likewise, I want to be a person who my friend can trust and respect.

It was a day I felt British culture in Harajuku/Omotesando, one of the cool areas in Tokyo.

You can check more posts about Franze & Evans♪
Rose's recent favorite❤︎ FRANZE & EVANS LONDON in Tokyo, Japan 1
Rose's recent favorite❤︎ FRANZE & EVANS LONDON in Tokyo, Japan 2