January 5, 2023

Red-tailed Hawk in Michigan

On New Year's Day, I received this photo from Collie. It seems to have been taken at Orion Oaks when he was trying to walk to stay healthier on December 31. I showed this to my brother. He said, "Wow! What an owl! It must be a rare species."

So I asked Collie, "Is it an owl?? My brother said it must be a rare type of species."


Collie replied, "They are occasionally seem. This one was looking for mice or rabbits...but we, some other people, were surprised to be able to walk near.

I searched and read on the internet that the Red-tailed Hawk is the most common hawk in North America.

No wonder it looked like an owl because...this cutie has a round shape like an owl. My brother says it must be still a rare species even after knowing it's a hawk. Well, let's go with that. American nature is amazing.