January 4, 2023

We couldn't meet again after 5 years.

"I didn't tell you I wasn't coming because....I was not sure myself if maybe I could still come. Even December 30 I was considering and searching tickets from Detroit, Chicago, and Los Angeles..but also I was in bed the 30th with numerous strong symptoms and it occurred to me that I could not manage 14 hours."

The difference between Collie and me on purchasing an airline ticket is, he tries to get it at the last minute, on the other hand, my style is always done a few months beforehand.

The advantage of getting an airline ticket in advance is -
1. Favorable price
2. Both of us are able to make a schedule
I can't stand being waiting, wondering if he'll come or not until the last minute. It's enormously irritating!


On December 31, I received a phone call from a florist near my town who came to my condo for delivery. She said overseas "Collie" ordered a gift for me. I was at my family home to help my mother, and realized he's not coming...


The flower arrangement was redelivered on January 3 after I came back to my condo. A message card was attached to the flowers. It says -

My best wishes to a Rose,
and her family for
this new year of hope.
-with love,   Collie

Why "a" Rose?  I asked Collie later.  He is like,
"Regarding "a" Rose...  I sent your delivery with multiple roses. However, you are an attractive woman. (there are many songs and phrases that refer to a beautiful woman as a rose.) So you are also a type of rose. That is why I wrote you are also a rose."


Collie saw a video massage from me and, "I was a little disappointed that the flowers weren't quite how I expected. Also 3 days late after new years eve. I appreciate her efforts though to deliver before Jan.4."

Though the flower shop closes on Jan.1-3 and open on Jan.4, a florist offered to me that she'd redeliver on Jan.3 after calling me.


Collie knows my taste. He must have imaged an arrangement emphasized roses without greens, big flowers, and carnations. This arrangement is celebrating a New Year in Japanese style. It was different from his image for me, but I appreciate his atempt and each flower. 


On the next day, the big lilies on the left began to bloom. I feel the smell in my room. I was disappointed that he's not coming on this long holidays, it was a great opportunity....

If he could come, seeing in person would have been for the first time, indeed, in 5 years.

Don't cry, "Rose".  You are only one in the world. Not one of them. You can study English you love on this occasion. If you have a passion for something, keep doing that!