October 1, 2023

A Christmas time God gave me.

It was in January 2023 that I knew Fr.Callistus at FCC (Franciscan Chapel Center) had passed away last month. I was in the depths of sadness.


One day, I walked to Ballon in Nakameguro. It is a small vegan cafe that provides vegan food like falafel sandwiches, vegan soft serve ice cream, and more. 


This cafe has a very smooth organic coffee served with a nice cup. Taking a seat, I felt calm at the mild taste and foam. It's my cup of "coffee".

I realized they were playing Christmas songs in the store in spite of late January.

Since I lost my biological father in mid-December, I couldn't even feel the Christmas vibes everywhere in the city. But I could feel comforting Christmas through the quiet Christmas music played at the small place in January. I think Fr.Callistus went to Heaven at Christmas time. 

God, thanks for giving me a time to be with Fr.Callistus here.  -   This became my Christmas.


I didn't imagine that a falafel sandwich made of only vegetables would be this delicious! Not only healthy but also tasty...

  +  +  +

I showed up at Ballon later again in February.  It's just the time when I'd been thinking about quitting my job. 


I tried a vegan soft serve & a vegan banana muffin. Delicious, Healthy, Environmentally Friendly. Each has a gentle taste as well as a repeated organic coffee. Luckily, you can ask for soy milk if you want.  


+  +  +

Time has passed. Today is October 1st, 2023. My business at the present company is within this year. I went through the toughest time. I should use my paid holidays to take care of myself, so just a little more patience at work.

I sometimes think about my spiritual father & biological father. At times like that, I always pray, 

"May both fathers' souls be happy and in peace forever..." 

Dedicated to both fathers who ascended to Heaven in December 2022.