October 18, 2023

Collie !!! Long time no see... !

I arrived at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport for the first time in 5 years. It's disappointing that only 3 or so immigration inspection booths were open for all visitors of the whole flight. I stood lining up with all the visitors for a very long time. I made it to the exit at last.

After 5 years apart, we finally saw each other in person. Collie!!! Long time no see...! His smile was as cute as before. We hugged. Collie was still Collie. The past and the present are connected as if nothing has happened.

Unfortunately, he was not feeling well. He felt nauseous with a little fever and also a headache. It's better I could drive instead of him at a time like this, but I am an inexperienced driver... So, I hopped in his car and he drove to Sylvan Glen Lake Park in Troy so he could have a rest on the way to Rochester, where I was going to stay that night.


Now Collie is sick and needs to rest his body. It's getting to an early evening. I was looking at peaceful Sylvan Glen Lake while he wanted to be alone.

My sixteenth visit to Michigan. Regarding this pretty large number of times, an immigration officer had said to me, "Why don't you guys think about one lives in the other country?" How many years ago it was?

He fells sick sometimes like this. I wish I could be with him here in Michigan. However, I am still in Japan. "Everything will come to you at the perfect time." So many years have passed, but still the time hasn't come?


We only live once. No matter what others say, we decide how to live by ourselves. I make my own path. I thought I should come to Michigan again.

When I look back on my life before I die, I don't want to regret, like, "I should have done more of what I really wanted to do." or, "I wish I had made more time to be with people I love." 

Time is limited, so let's do what I really hope to do. What is important to me? What is essential for me to live happy?


Collie is back. He says he's still sick, but he drove me to Royal Park Hotel in Rochester. 

This year, I got a new bigger suitcase (previous one was very small!) for myself. I didn't realize whether the restrictions on entering U.S.A. from Japan would be lifted soon or not when I bought it, but I liked the suitcase the first time I saw it. It worked! Collie lifts and carries it as usual without rolling it to avoid damaging rollers on the uneven cobblestones, - I like him for being so considerate - and, he is a strong man. 

Though we have been apart in Michigan and Japan, we have been together. On the contrary, it's amazing. There are various partners in the world. 

I've (we've) never stayed at this historical hotel in downtown Rochester. I appreciated he booked it. How it would be like to spend time here? It's wonderful!

It was Friday. My stay in Michigan started from a boutique hotel with the feel of an elegant English manor house.


And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.  I Corinthians 13:13