October 15, 2023

On June 16th 2023, I flied to Michigan for the first time in 5 years.

The restrictions on entering America lifted finally in May 2023. Now I can fly to Michigan without a vaccination certificate! I felt both excited and nervous. A series of immigration procedures must have been changed since I went to Michigan last time...it was 2018. I will see Collie for the first time in five years.

I'd been always using Narita Airport, so flying from Haneda Airport to Detroit is my first time. I also read some information about Haneda Airport on the net as well as other changed rules related to travel.

I bought my condo during the coronavirus pandemic. Since moving to my current house, Haneda Airport is pretty close by train. It's interesting when I think that way, I am living in a place near America in Japan. 


I looked everywhere inside the airport. Haneda Airport looked new and clean. Narita Airport is larger in terms of airport size. I felt a sense of elation at Narita Airport, like, "I'm going to fly to the U.S.!", however, I rather kept calm At Haneda Airport.

Since I've got a SAISON GOLD AMEX CARD, I should try SKY LOUNGE. The one I visited was TIAT LOUNGE. I can enter by showing the card. I had a good time enjoying coffee. I liked that there was a place where formed milk came out on the coffee machine! Drinking both a coffee & a cafe latte is too much, but I can taste both by adding formed milk to the same cup after I tasted a black coffee itself.

 
I purchased a discount airline ticket of Delta from trip.com. Though it was a type of ticket that can't reserve a seat until 24 hours before departure, I managed to find an aisle seat. 

It was initially forecasted to rain, but it turned out to be sunny. June was an only chance to take a vacation from work before I get really busy.

So... I'm all set.

I will enjoy my vacation. I wonder what kind of events await me? I will watch things to come in a place I haven't seen in a long time.