October 22, 2023

Luxury PARK 600 RESTAURANT of ROYAL PARK HOTEL in downtown Rochester, Michigan

After checking in, it was still a little bit early for a usual dinner. I was not hungry yet. Tonight Collie has to go home to prepare for attending his friend's wedding tomorrow on Saturday. So we decided to have a quick meal at ROYAL PARK HOTEL. The restaurant is called PARK 600, which as you can see from the link, is a luxury restaurant. 

This restaurant has a lovely open terrace with a refreshing view of trees and a neighborhood. But I preferred an aisle table because it's chilly outside. Also, an aisle seat is more quiet than the center of the restaurant and I feel calm. Friday night...❤︎


It was a unique aisle & window seat. Collie asked me whether I wanted a salad, but it must be a big plate. I just ordered clam chowder for myself. I think "Soup du Jour - chef's inspiration - " was it. 

And Collie ordered "600 Signature Pepperoni" to take the leftovers so I can eat when I get hungry. I thought about it later. In America, you order on the assumption that you will take leftovers home with you. It's a big difference from Japan where people order just as much as they know that they can eat at the restaurant. 

So, ordering "Chopped Cobb" another time must be a good idea. I was thinking about walking to a local cafe to have a voluminous salad breakfast next morning. Though I don't order any salads this evening, I'm saving that pleasure for later. Poor Collie was still sick and felt he could have a bite if it was pizza. Let's share some salad here when we both are in a good condition and hungry, shall we?


"600 Signature Pepperoni" pizza has come! It's written "the best pepperoni pizza ever" on the menu. Actually, it's not what I expected. It was thin, pretty hard, and salty😅

Collie, I will take you to the pizza restaurant to show you how pizza is like for me when you come to Japan, though you don't like it very much...

At PARK 600, every dish is created utilizing locally sourced ingredients, offering us European flavors with an authentic local twist. I'm looking forward to visiting this charming restaurant again.


Then, we went out for a walk to downtown Rochester. We stopped to look at stunning roses climbing on my memorable donuts shop, Knapp's Donuts! 

I didn't intend to get my bangs cut this short. It needed more time to become longer before coming to Michigan...😓

If he was invited to the wedding as the couple, we could have attended together, however, he was not this time. He will drive to a distant city tomorrow. Near Flint?

I will enjoy being back in my favorite Rochester after a long time while he is not here. He booked a hotel in downtown Rochester for me so that I can come back and rest after exploring this charming city. It's so sweet of him. 

My vacation has just started❤︎❤︎ Rose