May 13, 2024

MATCHA Cafe MAIKO - There is real matcha soft serve in Michigan!

Collie suggested that we could stop by the store for matcha soft serve. Since I claimed the health benefits of matcha and sent him a can of matcha powder, he tried matcha soft serve for the first time at this cafe. Actually, I have a thing for matcha products and have just tried different matcha soft serve at Haneda Airport before flying to Michigan. Though I knew there was a place to provide matcha soft serve in Troy, I didn't know Collie tried one here. So, why not! 


I ordered soft serve matcha ice cream of PREMIUM MATCHA Cafe MAIKO because I really wanted to enjoy basic matcha in a simple way. How grateful I can taste a rich, high quality, and authentic matcha flavor ice cream in Michigan! It's tasty! (And bigger than the one I had in Japan.) 

Surprisingly, all the products are imported straight from Kyoto, Japan. Uji is a place in the southern part of Kyoto and is renowned for making topnotch, highly nutritious matcha. 

PREMIUM MATCHA Cafe MAIKO
5082 Rochester Rd, Troy, MI 48085, United States

Stores in United States such as San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, New York...so much more. I'm happy as a Japanese. In Michigan, there is only one store in Troy. 

They aim to serve sweats and drinks made in-house as far as possible to maintain safety and high quality. They bring out the best out of authentic matcha from Kyoto, Japan.


Collie looked also curious about other menu items as there are many selections you can make on the menu. As a result, we both ordered matcha soft serve in a cup.

He said that he couldn't eat all of it when he first experienced it here before because the taste was very unique for him. But, he enjoyed all of them this time...like me.

Thank you for having taken notice of the matcha store, Collie. Let's come here again!
By all means, everyone please try and go♪  Rose