July 22, 2024

I loved biscuits of CITY PARK GRILL in Petoskey, Michigan.

Having driven south from Mackinaw City, we stopped by Petoskey again. It's always exciting to find a good restaurant in Petoskey. AMERICAN SPOON, my icon of Petoskey, no more serves lunch since it became a gelato speciality store, so we looked for a new place to have our late lunch. 

Luckily it was not long before we found a nice place, which is also on E Lake Street and just near Pennsylvania Park like AMERICAN SPOON. We walked in CITY PARK GRILL. The decor has splendor. No wonder, it is one of Petoskey's oldest buildings and was originally constructed in 1875.


When we sat down, splendid warm biscuits were served. How tasty, and whipped butter is great, too! I love this biscuit. It was a yellowish, cookie-like biscuit. 
 
Collie's choice
FISH SANDWICH added SWEET POTATO FRIES

A powerful dish with gorgeous white fish, and plenty of Sweet Potato Fries!   Compared to that -

Rose's choice
SHELLFISH CHOWDER  small sized

It is including shrimp, scallops, clams...but whole the portion is much smaller than I expected...
( ;∀;)  I was so jealous of his dish. I've made the same mistakes as I made this time.

I asked for another biscuit to satisfy my stomach...and again one more... While I was still working on it, my whipped butter was taken away swiftly by a cheerful waitress. It often happens...( ;∀;) However, it's a nice restaurant serving delicious lunch & dinner where welcoming staff is likable.

CITY PARK GRILL
432 E Lake Street Petoskey, Michigan 49770
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK 11:30 AM - 9 PM

When you visit Petoskey, please try a splendid hot biscuit with lots of whipped butter. You will be surprised at how delicious it is. Free refills so I recommend you to ask for another one. Have fun!