April 29, 2020

A pistachio roll for lunch & brilliant Helsinki Cathedral

Having a short rest at the hotel St.GEORGE. 


A pistachio roll with sliced almonds on top became my lunch today. It is a bread from Eromanga at Hakaniemen Kauppahalli (Hakaniemi Market Hall). It was a little sweet, and a mild taste. I admired the subtle green color layered into the dough.

The one of impressive vivid red is "KOFF", a popular beer in Finland. It is smooth, like...goes with everything! 


I stepped out of the hotel and hung around Esplanadin Puisto (Esplanadi Park). The yellow cute shop is called Kauniste and sells charming daily goods. I didn't buy anything, but enjoyed looking around.


One of the nice things in Helsinki is people can wear whatever they want, like, elegant dresses, too. Sometimes, we should wear jeans or T-shirts properly as tourists so we don't stand out from the rest of the crowd. However, I don't have to worry about it here in Helsinki since people are dressed as they wish. 


I love it!  Everyone do their own thing.

Helsingin Tuomiokirkko (Helsinki Cathedral)

The contrast between chalky outer walls and green domes is magnificent. 
Helsinki Cathedral is the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Cathedral of Helsinki, located in the center of Helsinki, Finland. 

In the dazzling light, I look up at the Cathedral.  The chalk was shining way more brilliantly.